I won't bore you with a recap of last night's Team Fortress 2 thumping. I mean, those Willies were barely making a showing (Willie = Weak and Wimpy Sally) all night long. I even made good on my promise and played for twenty minutes using only my feet, and I still dominated. Next week I'm thinking of giving myself a real challenge by randomly remapping every key on my keyboard, using a 1-button mouse, and not using my foley catheter so that I have to get up from my computer every 10 minutes and go to the bathroom because of all the Lipton Raspberry Blast green tea (with lemon!) I'm drinkin'.
But that's not what I came to talk to you about today.
Here at work we're going through our annual performance appraisals. Of course normally I'm against having people measure TheRealRandy, because that just ends up with a lot of hurt feelings, bruised egos, and folks I gotta end up trying to comfort again later. And to be honest, TheRealRandy is busy with real work and doesn't have much time left in the day for that. Maybe one or two folks, but not the whole HR department!
So of course when my time came, I looked over the sheet my boss gave me. I got "Role Model" all the way down the list. No exceptions. And of course I'm not surprised, I mean after all, I am TheRealRandyKearn. Still, I had this sneaking suspicion that it might not have been completely accurate, and that intimidation may have played a part in my superlative scores.
Therefore starting today I'm going to look for the tiny sliver of improvement I can squeeze out of my life and pursue it as ruthlessly as I have every other challenge that's come my way. I'm gonna show up as TheRealRandy who has no room for improvement -- the totally evolved, superior man. If you have any ideas what this tiny improvement might be, leave me a comment and let me know. Not that I think you could figure out a way to improve me, just that it might give me ideas for how I could improve myself.
No hard feelings, right?
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment